As you know, the Durian season has arrived.. and now days everywhere you turn, there seems to be a stall at the side of the road selling this irresistible fruit!
But sometimes it is better for us to also know what we are eating no matter how good it TASTE!
An article from wrote the Elementz Magnesium said that Durian loves have to also be mindful of the Magnesium levels! Why is that so?
Here’s the Article!
1. Durian is high in POTASSIUM. So if you’re low in magnesium, it can throw your magnesium levels further out of sync. Then you end up feeling sick. So drinking a glass of water with a few drops of magnesium oil before feasting on durian can be beneficial.⠀
2. You need a balance of Magnesium, Potassium and Sodium (key electrolytes in your body).. There’s a common practise of having salt water after eating durian. That’s for the sodium content! So after feasting on durian, have some salt water using good salts such as Himalayan or Celtic with a few drops of added magnesium oil. You can add a squeeze of lemon to improve on the taste. You’ll be surprised how you deal with digesting durian much better following our tips ;)⠀
3. Scientists at the University of Tsukuba in Japan recently discovered that durian makes it much more difficult for the human body to break down alcohol. So for those who consume alcohol (which we discourage!), never consume alcohol + durian around the same time. Due to its high sulfur content of Durian, the scientists found that it nearly knocked out the ALDH enzyme, inhibiting it by up to 70%. The ALDH is one of the enzymes responsible for metabolising alcohol.⠀
4. Eating durian can be a burden on your liver.⠀
5. Durian is a big no-no for anyone with sulfur sensitivity. ⠀
Well it doesn’t all sound bad, however, do take this into account if ever you find yourself or love ones feasting on this rich and delicious delicacies!
Image : Google.